Healthy and easy to make atta uttapams are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast. These atta uttapams can be made in less than 10 minutes. Do give this recipe a try, I am sure you will love it.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons oil/ghee
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Types of Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Instant Uttapam
- For the uttapam toppings in a bowl add chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander and salt and mix until well combined. The toppings for uttapam are ready.
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, yogurt and water. Now mix till everything is well combined. The batter will have medium consistency. Not very thick nor very thin.
- Now add salt and baking soda and mix well. The atta uttapam batter is ready.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium flame and add some oil in it. Once the oil becomes hot, add a large spoonful or two of the uttapam batter and spread it evenly. Make sure you do not thin it too much, as uttapam’s are generally thick.
- Now top it with the vegetables and gently press them a little with your fingers, so they don’t come out when you flip them.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-flow flame or until the bottom is perfectly cooked and light golden in colour.
- You will notice the sides will begin to puff a little, which is a sign that the uttapam has cooked from the bottom.
- Now with the help of a spatula, gently flip it on the other side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the uttapams on a plate. Now similarly make the rest of the atta uttapams and serve them hot with chutney or sambhar.
- You can add any veggies of your choice as toppings, like grated carrots, capsicum, bell peppers etc.
- If you dont have baking soda then you can replace it with eno.
- Do not make the uttapams very thick as they might remain uncooked.