Achari Veg Filling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons Ram Bandhu Mixed Pickle
- 4 large boiled potatoes mashed
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 sachets of Temptin’ Schewzan Chutney
- 1 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 green chilli in 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup cheese
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a kadai. Now add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions and cook them for 2-3 minutes or until it gets a light golden colour.
- Further add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of Ram Bandhu Mixed Pickle and mix well. If there are any big pieces of the pickle then mash them with the help of a spoon. This will add a great achari flavour to our achari patties.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and let it simmer on medium heat for a minute.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes and mix till everything is well combined.
- Lastly add salt and fresh coriander and give it a final mix. Now transfer the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down 10 minutes.
- To shape the achari patties, grease your hands with oil. Now take a handful of the mixture and shape them into rectangular patties. This recipe will serve 4 achari patties.
- Heat a non stick pan/tawa and add two tablespoons of oil in it. Now carefully place the achari patties and cook them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes from each sides or until it gets a nice golden brown colour and a crispy texture on the top.
Assemble The Roll
- Heat a tawa and add butter in it.
- Now heat the tortilla wraps for a minute for until done. You can also use whole wheat chapati.
- Once done, remove the tortilla wrap on a plain surface and evenly spread Temptin’ Schewzan Chutney on it.
- Now place the achari pattie on it.
- Top it with some chopped onions it and a tablespoon of green chilli vinegar.
- Finally add grated cheese and roll it tightly.
- Serve hot!
- Do not add extra salt or spices as its all present in the pickle.
- You can replace the tortilla wraps with whole wheat chapati or laccha paratha too.