- 2 cups (250g) whole wheat flour/aatta
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain
- 2 medium boiled potatoes grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Oil for frying
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add the whole wheat flour, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder ajwain and mix.
- Now add the grated boiled potatoes and mix them well.
- Add little water at a time to form a firm dough. Make sure the dough is not very soft, else the aloo masala puris wont puff up and will absorb excess oil.
- Now cover and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the puris divide the dough into 15-16 balls/peda.
- Now take one ball/peda and roll them into thin puri.
- To fry the puris, place a kadai over medium flame add oil in it. Oonce it becomes medium hot, add the aloo masala puris one at a time and fry them from each sides until it gets a nice golden colour.
- Serve hot with pickle, chutney or any curry of your choice.
- Do not add extra water while kneading the dough else the puris wont come out perfect and will absorb excess oil while frying.
- While rolling the puri’s make sure you equally roll them from all the edges.