- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 dried red chilli
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 boiled potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups yoghurt
- a pinch roasted cumin powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a pan. Now add raw peanuts and roast them for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown in colour. Once done remove them in a bowl.
- In the same pan add cumin seeds, asafetida, dried red chilli and curry leaves. Sauté them for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add chopped boiled potatoes and cook them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until they get a light brown colour and a crispy texture.
- Further add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, dry mango powder and mix well. Cook for 1 more minute. Once done let it cool down completely.
- In a large bowl add the cooked potatoes, roasted peanuts, pomegranate, mint leaves, fresh coriander and smooth beaten yoghurt. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Before serving sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and garnish it with mint leaves and pomegranate.
- Serve with paratha, biryani or pulao.
- No need to add the salt in the yoghurt as we have already added the spices while cooking the potatoes
- Peanuts and pomegranate will add a nice crunch and flavour to this recipe. Do not skip them.
- Beat the yoghurt until smooth before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.