Delicious and easy to make street style aloo toast, this is Hyderabad’s specialty and loved by all.
- 5 boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango/amchoor powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 10 slices bread
- oil for frying
For The Slurry
- 4 tablespoons refined flour/maida
- 1 tablespoons corn flour
- salt to taste
Aloo Toast Toppings
- ¼ cup green chutney (recipe link given in the end)
- ¼ cup red chutney (recipe link given in the end)
- ¼ cup tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ½ cup nylon sev
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To prepare the aloo filling, in a bowl add mashed potatoes, chopped green chillies, salt, amchor, cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander and mix till everything is well combined.
- Now take the bread slices and cut them into tow haves so it forms a triangle.
- Now take the aloo filling and evenly spread it on all the bread slices.
- To prepare the slurry, in a flat plate or bowl add refined flour, corn flour, salt and mix well. Now add little water at a time and make the slurry. The consistency shouldn’t be very thick nor thin.
- Now dip the aloo toast into the slurry so both the sides are well coated.
- To shallow fry the aloo toast, in a pan add oil and once it turns medium hot add the aloo toast and fry from each sides for 2-3 minutes or until it gets a nice golden crust. Similarly fry the rest of the aloo toasts.
Assembling The Aloo Toast
- Put 2 fried aloo toast on a serving plate. Now evenly spread the green chutney followed by the red chutney.
- Top it with some finely chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander, nylon sev.
- Now add some more chutney on the top and serve immediately.
- If you want you can toast the bread on a tawa with little oil rather than frying.
- Make sure the slurry is not very thick nor thin else you wont get the operfect