- 1 ½ cups (250g) alsi/ flax seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup makhana/foxnuts
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (150g) jaggery
- ¼ cup water
- 4 green cardamoms
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add flax seeds and dry roast them for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Once done, remove them in a plate.
- In the same pan add almonds and walnuts and dry roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Similarly dry roast the makhanas for 4-5 minutes or until they turn crunchy.
- Now dry roast desiccated coconut for a minute on low heat. Do not cook on high heat as it might burn.
- Let all the ingredients cool down.
- Now grind flax seeds in a mixer grinder till it forms into a coarse texture.
- Similarly grind almonds, walnuts and cardamom together till they get a coarse texture. Do no turn into a fine powder.
- Now grind the makhanas as well.
- Remove all the grounded mixture in a large bowl and add desiccated coconut in it. Mix till everything is well combined.
- To prepare the jaggery syrup, in a pan add water and jaggery. Mix till the jaggery melts completely.
- Now pour the liquid ingredients in the dry ingredients and mix with the help of a spoon. Do not touch as the jaggery is very hot.
- Once the mixture has slightly cooled down form small alsi ladoos.
- Le then cool down completely and store in an airtight container for upto a month.
- Do not over cook the flax seeds as it might turn bitter.
- Form ladoos while the mixture is little warm else you wont be able to form ladoos.
- If the mixture has cooled down and you are unable to form ladoos then microwave the mixture for 30 seconds and then start forming ladoos again.
- If your mixture is too dry and you are not able to form alsi ladoos then add some melted ghee and mix well. Once the mixture becomes little moist form ladoos.