Quick and easy atta halwa with 4 simple ingredients. It is served in The Gurudwara and called Kada Prasad. It’s very simple and easy to make but yet so delicious.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/ atta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup clarified butter/ghee
Note- Please read recipe notes in the end for measurement details.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Atte Ka Halwa
- In a pan add water and sugar and let it simmer till the sugar melts completely. The sugar syrup is ready, now keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add ghee and once it melts add the whole wheat flour/atta to it.
- Now while stirring it continuously, roast the flour till it turns golden brown in colour. Approximately it will take for 10-12 minutes .
- Once the atta has roasted, it will release ghee and turn brown in colour. Now slowly add the sugar syrup and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Cook for a couple of more minutes, the halwa will begin to thicken. Now switch off the flame and serve hot.
- To measure all the ingredients, use the same cup.
- The recipe can be multiplied and divided as per the requirement.
- Keep stirring the atta regularly, else it will burn.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
Step By Step In Pictures
- To prepare the sugar syrup, in a pan add water.
2. Now add sugar.
3. Let it simmer till the sugar melts completely.
4. Now keep it aside.
5. In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add ghee.
6. Once it melts add the whole wheat flour/atta to it.
7. Now keep stirring it continuously for 3-4 minutes.
8. The atta will start to thicken and form small bubbles.
9. Keep roasting for another 5-6 minutes or until the flour gets a nice brown colour.
10.Now slowly add the sugar syrup and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
11. Cook for couple of more minutes, the halwa will begin to thicken.
12. It has got a perfect colour and soft texture.
13. Serve hot!