- 10-12 cashews
- 20-22 pistachios
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon dried rose leaves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds/sauf
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups milk
- 16-18 saffron strands
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a mixer grinder add cashews, pistachios, green cardamoms, dried rose leaves and fennel seeds. Grind till it forms into a smooth powder. Now remove the mixture in a bowl.
- Similarly in a grinder add almonds (soaked in water for 30 minutes and skin removed) and grind till it gets a coarse texture. I do not prefer making a fine paste.
- To prepare the badam milk, in a pan add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add the grounded nut powder and almonds along with saffron strands. Let it simmer on medium to low flame for 3-4 minutes or until it slightly changes its colour and turns aromatic.
- Lastly add sugar and mix well.
- Let it cool down completely and then refrigerate till it become chilled.
- Serve immediately.
- You can skip rose petals if you don’t have them.
- Use full fat or low fat milk.
- Let the milk simmer on low flame for batter taste and aroma.
- In summers you can serve it hot. Tastes delicious.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 3 Cold Coffee In 3 Minutes
- 4 Healthy & Refreshing Fruit Popsicles
- 3 Ingredients Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream