In this blog, I’ve mentioned 25+ baking equipment for a beginner who wants to start baking. Whenever I smell a freshly baked bread or a cake I feel like it’s calling my name and asking me to come eat it. Loll.. Yes I love baked products! I always loved baking and and my passion knew no bounds when I left my 8 years of corporate job and studied baking and patisserie, trained in a five star hotel and learned as much as I possibly could. If you love baking as much as I do or want to start baking then you are at the right place.
In this post I have mentioned the must have tools and equipment every baker should have in his kit. I have also mentioned the links from where you can buy them directly.
Baking Equipment for Beginners Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out all my yummy recipes.
25+ Baking Equipment For Beginners
- Oven Toaster Griller – OTG
- 60 Litre Oven To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2WmWVwv
- 35 Litre Oven To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2DBx3Fv
A good oven is the most essential requirement for baking. There are various sizes available in market, you can buy the one depending on your requirement, for home or personal baking a small oven of 35 litre will be fine. I have a 35 litre and a 60 litre oven.
2. Hand Mixer – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RP4Js2
Hand Mixer is an essential tool and is required to prepare cake batters, icings, meringues, dough and much more. If you are serious about baking then do buy this, as it comes handy and makes life easier. You will use a hand mixer almost every time you prepare batters and bake.
3. Hand Whisk – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Hz8AER
Whisk is used for mixing dry ingredients and also to prepare cake batters in smaller quantities.
4. Digital Measuring Scale – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2U1BcMe
A digital measuring scale is very important in baking for exact measurements and quantities. If you are serious about baking this is a MUST have. As you would have heard baking is a science and it requires accurate measurements, excess flour, oil or butter can ruin the entire cake. So go ahead and buy one, it will be your best decision.
5. Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Measuring Cups – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RRGEkr
- Measuring Spoons – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RRGEkr
It’s important to have measuring cups and spoons as some of the recipes are given in cups. The teaspoon used for baking are different than the regular spoons we use at home. These spoons are specially used to measure very small quantities like baking soda, baking powder, vanilla essence, salt, etc.
6. Measuring Jars
- Measuring Jar (500ml) To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HzGQ3c
- Small Measuring Jar To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HyCKIz
Measuring jar is used to measure liquid ingredients like, honey, milk, buttermilk, oil, etc. Most of the recipes mention liquid ingredients in ml therefore it’s important to have a set of measuring jar. Always remember 100 ml of honey is not similar to 100 g of honey. Hence you need these jars as the measurements given in these are mentioned in ml.
7. Round Cake Tins
- Round Cake Tins – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UmMZkM
- Round Cake Tins with Loose Bottom – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2DEtJcT
Cake tins are used to bake cakes, I prefer buying the aluminum cake tins as these result in even baking. They come in various sizes but most recipes use 7, 8 or 9 inch. These are easily available in a set of three.
8. Square Cake Tins – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HCGFUG
Aluminium square cake tins are used especially to make brownies, you can also make cakes in these. Again 7, 8 and 9 inch tins are commonly used in most recipes.
9. Springform cake tins – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HzHQ7s
Springform cake tins are mostly used for cheese cakes. They come with a loose bottom which helps in releasing the cheesecake very easily. These are available in various sizes, the most common size used for recipes is 8 and 9 inch.
10. Loaf Tins
- Non Stick Loaf Tins – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UmcuCu
- Aluminium Loaf Tins – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Usz7FN
Several kinds of cake loaf pans are available in the market. You can bake tea cakes and pound cakes in these. The most common size used for recipes is 8 and 9 inch.
11. Bread Loaf Tin – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2WnrySo
Bread loaf tin is used to bake breads, it comes with a covering lid. While baking if the top bakes or browns too much then you can cover it with a lid. Tea cakes can also be baked in this kind of loaf pan.
12. Paper baking cake moulds – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Uj6D0R
Paper baking cake moulds are also very useful specially when you want to gift a cake. Cake batter can be poured directly into the mould and then baked.
13. Cake Turn Table – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Rlj0aM
Cake turn table is very important for icing cakes. While buying it make sure the bottom of the turn table is very sturdy so the cake doesn’t fall while icing.
14. Stainless Steel Cake Smoother – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UpoT97
Cake smoother/scraper is used while icing the cakes and it helps to give a smooth finish to the cake.
15. Plastic Cake Smoother – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2sObs6y
Plastic cake smoother also available in the market. They are used to give a fine finish to the cake. These are also available in various designs and patterns.
16. Piping Bags
- Disposable Piping bags – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2TjnAsa
- Piping Nozzles – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RgjVJD
Piping bags are used for piping butter cream and icings. Both reusable and disposable piping bags are available but I prefer using the disposable ones as they are cheap and hassle free. Unlike cotton ones it doesn’t require lots of cleaning. Piping nozzles are also required for piping the cupcakes and cake. They are available in various shapes and sizes.
17. Cupcake or Muffin trays
- Cupcake or Muffin Tray of 6 – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RQ9iCy
- Cupcake or Muffin Tray of 12 – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2DDdJYu
Cupcake or Muffin trays are used to make cupcakes and muffins. While buying these do keep in mind the measurements of the oven so the tray easily fits into it.
18. Cup Cake Liners – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2DCdi0P
Cupcake liners are used to line the cupcake tray. These are used to avoid cupcakes or muffins from sticking to the tray while baking. These are available in various colours and designs.
19. Cupcake paper moulds and silicon moulds
- Cupcake Paper Moulds – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2B9s7WO
- Silicone Cupcake Moulds – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RfXoNa
Cupcake paper moulds and silicon moulds are thicker unlike the cupcake liners. These don’t require the cupcake tray, you an directly pour the batter into the moulds, place them on the tray and bake them. While buying the cupcake liners make sure they fit easily into the cupcake tray. They shouldn’t be too large or too small, else the cupcakes wont get the perfect shape.
20. Mini Cupcake Tray – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Hx1G32
Mini muffin or cupcake tray is used to bake mini cupcakes. Mini cupcake liners are easily available in the market and are similar to cupcake liners.
21. Aluminium Sheet – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2S5vg3O
Aluminium Baking tray/sheet are very essential in baking and are used to bake bread rolls, danish pastries, cookies, swiss rolls and various other things and is a MUST have. I prefer using the aluminium trays as they result in even baking.
22. Non stick Baking Tray – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HB5twb
Non stick baking tray are similar to aluminium trays, the benefit is that these don’t require parchment paper and greasing as they are non-stick. The drawback is that it might over bake the cookies if you don’t pay attention to the oven, as black is a good conductor of heat and bakes quickly. While using dark coloured trays make sure you check the oven few minutes before the baking time.
23. Smaller necessary tools
- Serrated Knife – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RXd6Cc
- Offset Spatula/Palette Knife – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RhvIr9
- Pastry Brush – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2RlSLBn
- Ice cream scoop – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2S8HQ2d
- Scissors – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UmoWSL
Other smaller tools which are very important while baking are – A serrated knife, it helps in cutting the bread and sponge cakes perfectly. A regular and offset spatula is used to ice the cakes. A silicone brush is mostly used to evenly grease the cake tins, baking sheets and for egg/milk wash. Ice cream scoop is used for scooping perfect and similar cookie shapes. A pair of scissors is used to cut parchment paper etc.
24. Cookie Cutters – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HyFKoj
Cookie cutters are available in various shapes and sizes. They are used to give desired shapes to the cookies. The round ones are commonly used. While buying these make sure the material is sturdy.
25. Spatula, Rolling Pin and Sieve
- Silicone Spatula – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HBgeyP
- Rolling Pin – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Uj0nWX
- Sieve – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Rk4AIe
Other small but essential tools used are sieve for sieving the dry ingredients used in baking. This is a MUST have. A rolling pin is used to roll the bread dough and cookie sheets. Silicon spatulas are very flexible and are best for scraping clean that last drop of the cake batter, it’s a MUST have.
26. Parchment Paper and Clingwrap
- Parchment Paper – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2HJy9TI
- Clingwrap – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UlzTEa
Parchment papers are available in sheets and rolls, they are used to line the baking sheets and cake tin. They are very important and every baker should have it. It prevents the cake from sticking to the pan. Clingwrap is used to wrap various things like sponge cakes or tea cakes after they are baked. It’s perfect for storing the cake as it prevents the cake from drying.
27. Mixing bowl
- Glass Mixing Bowls – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2UjHgMz
- Steel Mixing Bowls – To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2Uj75w8
Mixing bowl are used to mix all the ingredients and batter together. These are available in glass and steel.