- 1 cup boondi
- 400g yoghurt/dahi
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Place a pan over medium flame and add water in it. Once it becomes hot add boondi and let it simmer for a minute.
- Now switch off the flame, cover it with a lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes the boondi will swell up and double in size. Drain the excess water and let it cool.
- In a large bowl add yoghurt and beat it with the help of a whisk or a spoon to get a smooth texture..
- Now add red chilli powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, salt, powdered sugar, green chillies and mix well.
- Further add the boondi and give it a gentle mix.
- Lastly add fresh coriander and serve with rice, pulav, biryani or paratha.
- If the yoghurt is too sour then add some milk in it.
- You can add finely chopped mint leaves too.