- 4 slices bread
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup milk
- a pinch salt
- roasted sesame seeds to sprinkle
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Take 4 slices of bread and cut them in small cubes.
- Now toast them in a pan until brown and crispy.
- To prepare the caramel in a pan add sugar and water. Cook on medium heat till the sugar melts completely and it gets a light golden colour.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Further add milk and mix well. If there are sugar crystals then don’t worry, as you keep stirring the crystals will dissolve.
- Once it gets slightly thick add the toasted bread and mix until well coated.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and let it cool down completely.
- Enjoy the caramel bread popcorn with a glass of cold milk ot just like that.
- You can use jaggery instead of sugar.
- You can use brown bread too.