- 10 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 medium capsicum finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chilli finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin/ jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric/ haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- coriander for garnishing
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes.
- To make the bread poha place a pan over medium flame and add oil in it. Once it turns hot add chopped ginger and toss it for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions and cook them till they get a light golden colour.
- Further add tomatoes, green chillies and salt and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Now add all the dried spices, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Add little water and mix well. Add little water to avoid the spices from getting burnt.
- Now add 3-4 tablespoons of water and let it get a boil.
- Further add the chilli sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Now add the bread cubes and mix till everything is well combined.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot!
- Use 2-3 days old stale bread for this recipe, it will soak all the juices from the veggies easily.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.