- 8-10 dates/khajur seedless
- 10-12 almonds
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 teaspoons jaggery powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Soak dates and almonds in water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the almonds.
- In a mixer grinder add the roughly chopped carrots and grind them for a minute.
- Now add the soaked dates along with its water and the almonds. Grind until it forms into a smooth pulp.
- In a bowl add the carrot pulp, milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add crushed cardamoms and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes. The carrots will release its taste and flavour in the milk will turn flavorful.
- Once done, switch off the flame and then add the jaggery powder.
- Serve hot!
- Use red carrots for this recipe.
- Do not add cold milk in the carrots, it should be at room temperature or warm, else the milk might curdle.
- You can replace jaggery with sugar or honey.
- You can strain the milk before serving, I prefer without sieving.