- 1 cup (200g) dry chickpea/white chole
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 boiled potato cut in cubes
- 1 green capsicum roughly chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder/chaat masala
- salt to taste
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Now drain the excess water.
- In a pressure cooker add the chickpeas and water. Add 3-4 cups of water so the chickpeas are perfectly soaked in it.
- Now pressure cook them for 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, they will be soft. Do not over cook them else the salad will become very mushy.
- Now remove the chickpeas from the cooker and drain the excess water.
- To prepare the dressing in a bowl add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, mixed herbs, amchoor powder/chaat masala and salt to taste. Now mix well. The salad dressing is ready.
- In a large bowl add the boiled chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, green capsicum, onion, boiled potatoes, grated carrot and the salad dressing. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Finally add the roasted sesame seeds, flax seeds and fresh coriander and mix again.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Do not over cook the chickpeas else the salad will become very soggy and mushy.
- You can use any veggies of your choice.
- You can prepare the salad a day in advance and mix the dressing 10-15 minutes before serving.