Chocolate Golgappa with Paan Shots Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 5-6 paan leaves (Kalkatta or banarsi)
- 4 tablespoon sweet paan masala
- 1 tablespoon gulkand
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 ¾ cup (300g) dark compound semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 gol-gappa
- 4 tablespoons tutti-fruit (candied fruit)
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles ( coloured & dark)
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Shot Glasses for serving: https://amzn.to/310Ockp
- Borosil Bowls for melting chocolate: https://amzn.to/33b90az
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Roughly chop chocolates in small pieces.
- Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate. On a medium flame, put a pan simmering with hot water, now place a bowl above it and add chocolate in it. Keep stirring it occasionally till it melts completely.
- Once done remove the chocolate from the flame and let it come down to room temperature.
- To prepare the paan shot milk, take paan leaves and remove the hard stem. Roughly break them into small pieces and add them in a mixer grinder along with the sweet paan masala, gulkand, sugar and few tablespoons of milk and grind till it forms into a smooth paste.
- Now add the rest of the cold milk and blend till it forms into a smooth milkshake. Add ice cream and green food colour and blend again. Now keep the paan milk in the refrigerator till it becomes nice and chilled.
- To prepare the chocolate golpaggas, take the golgappas and with your finger make a small hole in the centre.
- Now dip them in the chocolate and make sure it’s coated in chocolate from each side. Drain the excess chocolate and then place the golgappa on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Top it with some sprinkles and similarly coat all the golgappa’s and keep them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a serving glass pour the chilled pan milk and then put some chocolate chips and tutti frutti in the golgappa’s and serve cold.
- Store the chocolate coated golpagga’s and pan shot in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.
- Sieve the paan milk with a strainer for a smooth texture.
- Make sure the chocolate is not hot when dipping the golgappa’s else they will turn soft.
- Can use dark, milk or white chocolate to coat the golgappa.
- Line the plate with parchment paper before placing the chocolate coated golgappas on it, else they wont come off easily and will stick to the plate once they cool down.
Step By Step In Pictures For Chocolate Golgappa with pan shots
- Roughly chop the chocolate in small pieces.
2. Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate. On a medium flame, put a pan simmering with hot water, now place a bowl above it and add chocolate in it. Keep stirring it occasionally and melt the chocolate.
3. After 3-4 minutes the chocolate will start to melt.
4. Once it melts completely, remove it from the flame and let it come down to room temperature.
5. Now take the paan leaves and remove the hard stem. Now roughly break them into small pieces and put them in a mixer grinder.
6. Further add the sweet paan masala.
7. Add sugar.
8. Add gulkand.
9. Add few tablespoons of milk.
10. Grind till it forms into a smooth paste.
11. The paste for the paan shots is ready.
12. Add cold milk and blend till everything is well combined and it forms into a smooth milkshake.
13. This has got a perfect texture.
14. Add vanilla ice cream.
15. Add some green colour and blend for a minute. The paan shot milk is ready.
16. Once the chocolate has come down to room temperature take the golgappas and with your finger make a small hole in the centre.
17. Dip the golgappa in the chocolate and make sure all the sides are evenly coated in it.
18. Drain the excess chocolate.
19. In a plate lined with parchment paper place the golgappa’s and top them with some sprinkles.
20. Keep them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes till the chocolate sets completely.
21. Pour chilled paan milk in shot glasses.
22. Take the chocolate golgappas and put some mini chocolate chips in few of them and tutti frutti in the rest.
23. The chocolate golgappa with paan shots are ready to be served. Serve cold!