Chocolate Modak Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 ½ cups (262g) dark compound chocolate
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons nutella
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Chocolate Modak
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler method. Take a vessel and fill 1/3 of it with water, put it on medium flame. Now place a large bowl on it, make sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- In it add chopped chocolate and keep stirring it continuously till it melts. Now let it cool down for 5-7 minutes.
- For the chocolate filling, take a bowl and add freshly grated coconut, chopped almonds, chopped cashews and condensed milk and mix till well combined.
- In a piping bag pour the melted chocolate. Now cut the tip of the piping bag with scissors and fill the modak moulds till half.
- Now add some coconut stuffing in the centre of every mould and above that put more melted chocolate and fill it till the top.
- Tap the mould 3-4 times to remove any air bubbles.
- Similarly fill the second mould with chocolate and add nutella in the centre instead of coconut filling.
- Let the chocolate moulds set in the refrigerator for upto 10 minutes or until firm.
- Gently remove the chocolate from the moulds by pressing the chocolate outside.
- Store it in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks.
- I am using compound chocolate, if you are using regular chocolate then it needs to be tempered before using.
- Chocolate can be melted using a microwave too.
- Instead of nutella, you can use any filling like peanut butter or jam.
- A combination of dark and milk chocolate also tastes great.
Step By Step In Pictures For Chocolate Modak
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method. Take a vessel and add some water in it.
2. Now place a large bowl on it, make sure it doesn’t touch the water. Add chopped chocolate in it.
3. Keep stirring it continuously till the chocolate melts completely.
4. Once the chocolate melts, remove it from the heat and let it cool down for 5-7 minutes.
5. For the filling take fresh gradated coconut.
6. To this add chopped almonds.
7. Add chopped cashews.
8. Add condensed milk.
9. Mix till everything is well combined.
10. Now pour the melted chocolate in a piping bag.
11. Carefully cut the tip of the piping bag.
12. Fill the moulds till half with chocolate.
13. Now add the coconut filling in the centre.
14. Above that add melted chocolate till the top.
15. Tap the mould 3-4 times to remove any air bubbles and then let them refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
16. Similarly fill the other chocolate mould till half.
17. Now put some nutella in the centre of the chocolate mould.
18. Put more chocolate above it and fill the moulds till the top.
19. Tap to remove any air bubbles and then let them refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
20. Gently remove the chocolate from the mould by pressing the bottom.
21. The chocolate modak has perfectly come out.
22. Similarly remove the other chocolates too.