Chocolate Truffle Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 tin (400g) condensed milk
- ½ cup (85g) dark semi sweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- desiccated coconut, chocolate sprinkles and chopped pistachios- for coating the truffles
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Chocolate Truffle
- In a pan over a medium flame add butter and let it melt completely.
- Add condensed milk, cocoa powder and mix well.
- Now add roughly chopped chocolate and while stirring it continuously, mix till the chocolate melts completely.
- Once the chocolate melts the mixture will have a runny texture, but as it keeps cooking it will thicken.
- After 4-5 minutes, the truffle mixture will start to separate from the pan and will get a nice shine.
- Transfer it on a plate and let it cool down for an hour or until it firms.
- Now take a spoonful of the chocolate truffle mixture in between your palms and make small balls.
- Coat all the chocolate truffle with the sprinkles or pistachios or dried desiccated coconut.
- Store them in the refrigerator for upto 15 days.
- While making the chocolate truffle, if the mixture sticks to your palm then apply some butter and then roll the truffles.
- You can use milk or dark chocolate, as per your preference.
Step By Step In Pictures For Chocolate Truffle
1. In a pan over medium flame add butter and let it melt completely.
2. Now add condensed milk.
3. Add cocoa powder and mix till everything is well combined.
4. Add chopped chocolates.
5. Stir continuously till the sugar melts completely.
6. The chocolate has perfectly melted. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes till it thickens.
7. The truffle mixture has thicken.
8. It is not sticking to the pan anymore and has got a shiny texture.
9. Transfer it on a plate and let it cool down for an hour or until it becomes firm.
10. Once firm take a spoonful of chocolate truffle mixture and roll it into small balls in between your palms.
11. These look perfect now.
12. Roll all the truffles in chocolate sprinkles or chopped pistachios or dried desiccated coconut.
13. Make sure the truffle is perfectly coated with the sprinkles from everywhere.
14. Similarly coat all the chocolate truffles.