Coconut Burfi Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 ½ cups (250g) fresh coconut
- ¾ cup milk (180ml)
- ¾ cup sugar (150g)
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter/ghee
- 10-12 pistachios for garnish (optional)
Note- Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Coconut Burfi
- Peel the skin of the coconut and wash it thoroughly. Now cut them into small pieces.
- In a mixer grinder grind the coconut for a minute or until it gets a fine texture.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium flame add ghee and once it melts add the grated coconut and cook for couple of minutes.
- Now add milk and cook for around 4-5 minutes or until the milk is completely absorbed.
- Further add sugar and keep stirring it continuously, the sugar will release it’s water, cook till the water is completely absorbed and the coconut mixture becomes dry.
- Grease a plate or tray with ghee and transfer the coconut barfi mixture in it and spread it evenly.
- Garnish with some pistachios and gently press them inside the coconut barfi. Let it set for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once set and firm cut the coconut barfi into square pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- You can also use dry desiccated coconut for this recipe.
- Regular milk can be replaced with coconut milk.
- Don’t grind the coconut for very long, else it might release it’s milk. Grind for few seconds, stop and grind again. Repeat till you get a fine texture.
- Don’t cook this over high flame else the coconut will turn dark in colour.
- Before setting the barfi make sure the coconut mixture is dry, else it won’t set properly.
Step By Step In Pictures For Nariyal ki Barfi
1. Peel the coconut.
2. Wash it thoroughly.
3. Cut them into small pieces.
4. Grind them in a mixer grinder.
5. It has now got a fine texture.
6. In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and let it melt completely.
7. Add the coconut and cook for around 2 minutes.
8. Add milk.
9. Cook for 4-5 minutes or util the milk is completely absorbed by the coconut.
10. The coconut mixture has become dry now.
11. At this point add sugar.
12. The sugar will start to release it’s water.
13. While stirring it continuously cook till the mixture is completely dry.
14. Grease a tray with ghee.
15. Pour the coconut barfi mixture in it and spread it evenly.
16. Garnish with chopped pistachios and press them gently. Set them in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
17. Cut them in square shapes.
18. The coconut barfi is ready to be relished!
19. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks and enjoy!