- 1½ cups (150g) jaggery
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 tablespoons ghee/ clarified butter
- 2 cups (200g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons melon seeds
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add jaggery and water and let it simmer on medium heat until the jaggery dissolves completely. The syrup is ready, keep it aside.
- In a kadai heat ghee and roast almonds and cashews for 2 minutes. Further add raisins and melon seeds and roast for a minute. Once done remove them in a plate.
- In the same kadai add desiccated coconut and roast for 3 to 4 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Further add the jaggery syrup and mix well. Now cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the coconut absorbs the jaggery syrup.
- Lastly add the roasted nuts and cardamom powder. Now give it a final mix. The healthy coconut ladoo mixture is ready. Let is cool down for few minutes.
- To make the ladoos take some mixture in your hand and form ladoos. Once done let them cool down completely.
- You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for upto a week and for upto 10 days in the refrigerator.
- You can use fresh coconut too, just make sure its finely grated.
- Always roast the coconut on medium to low heat else the coconut might burn.
- Do not over cook the ladoo mixture after adding the jaggery syrup else the ladoos will become very dry.
- Bind the ladoos while the mixture is still luke warm.
- If the ladoo mixture becomes dry while binding the ladoos, add some melted ghee. Mix well and bind the ladoos.