- 2 cups coriander leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coconut
- 3 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. raw peanuts
- 6 cashews
- 1 tbsp. roasted chana dal
- 1 tbsp. urad dal
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 dried red chilli
- 3 tbsp. tamarind pulp
- 1 big bowl boiled rice
- salt to taste
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To make the green masala in a mixer grinder add fresh coriander, coconut, green chillies, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and some water. Grind till it forms smooth.
- To prepare the rice, heat oil in a pan.
- Now add raw peanuts and cashews and roast them for 2 minutes.
- Further add roasted chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and dried red chilli. Sauté for a minute or until the dal turns golden brown.
- Now add curry leaves, dried red chilli and tamarind pulp and cook for a minute.
- Finally add boiled rice, salt and mix till everything is well combined. Let it cook for a minute on low to medium heat.
- Serve hot.
- Do not skip the roasted chana dal and urad dal as they add great flavour to this lemon rice.