- 3 tablespoons ghee/oil
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper corns
- 4 cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tomatoes large pureed
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup yoghurt
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Now add cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns and cumin seeds. Roast for few seconds.
- Add ginger paste and sauté for a minute.
- Further add tomato puree and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minute. It will reduce in size once done.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add few tablespoons of water and cook the masala for a minute.
- Add roughly mashed potatoes and mix well with the masala. While stirring it occasionally cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add water and mix well.
- Further add yoghurt, make sure there are no lumps in it.
- While stirring it continuously cook till it gets couple of boils, else it might curdle.
- Finally add salt, garam masala, dried kasuri methi and fresh coriander. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with puri or paratha.
- Make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature, else it might curdle.
- While adding the yoghurt make sure to stir it continuously till it gets few boils, else it might curdle.