Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 8-10 dates/khajur seedless
- 10-12 almonds
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 8-10 black pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Preethi Zodiac Mixer Grinder: https://amzn.to/35aAi3x
Steps In Making
- Soak dates and almonds in water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the almonds.
- In a mixer grinder add the soaked dates along with its water and then add the soaked and pealed almonds. Grind till it forms into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add milk, cardamoms, cloves and black pepper corns. Bring it to a boil. The spices will release its aroma and the milk will turn flavorful.
- Now add the pureed dates and almonds and bring them to a boil. Let the milk simmer on medium-low flame for 4-5 minutes. Finally add sugar and mix well.
- Strain the milk if needed and serve hot!
- You can replace sugar with jaggery or honey.
- Can use low fat or full fat milk.
- Whole spices add lot of flavour to the milk so do not skip them.