- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- 2 cups spinach/palak
- 1 tbsp. ghee/clarified butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a kadai. Now add dried red chilli and cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add finely chopped ginger and garlic and sauté till it gets a light golden colour.
- Further add diced potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they turn soft.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn soft, it will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Now add all the dried spices, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder garam masala and mix well.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the spinach reduces in size and is perfectly cooked.
- Lastly add a spoon of ghee and roast the palak aloo or a minute.
- Serve hot with paratha or pulka.
- Do not add water after adding palak as it will release its own water and cook well.
- Do not skip garlic as it adds lot of flavour. The combination of garlic and spinach goes really well.