Dry Fruit Laddu Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup figs/ anjeer
- ¼ cup instant oats
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds/ khus-khus
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter/ghee
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan over a medium flame add oats and dry roast them for a couple of minutes and then transfer it in a bowl.
- In the same pan roast poppy seeds for a couple of minutes till golden in colour. Remove them in a bowl.
- Now add a tablespoon of ghee in a pan and once it melts add cashews, almonds, and walnuts and roast them for 2-3 minutes till it turns aromatic and golden in colour. Now keep them aside.
- In a food processor add pitted dates and figs and grind them for a couple of minutes till it forms into a thick paste.
- Now add all the roasted ingredients in it- oats, poppy seeds, cashews, almonds, and walnuts. Grind them for 3-4 minutes or until it forms a coarse texture.
- Take a spoonful of the ladoo mixture in between your palms and make small ladoos.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 15 days.
- Can use any dried fruits and seeds of your choice, just keep the total measurements the same.
- While making the ladoos, if the mixture is dry then add a tablespoon of warm ghee bind them again.
Step By Step In Pictures For Dry Fruit Laddus
1. In a pan over medium flame add oats.
2. Dry roast them for 2 minutes.
3. Similarly dry roast the poppy seeds for a couple of minutes.
4. The poppy seeds have turned slightly dark in colour and aromatic. Transfer it on a plate.
5. In the same pan add ghee and let it melt completely.
6. Add cashews, almonds, and walnuts and roast them for 3-4 minutes.
7. The nuts have turned aromatic and golden brown. Transfer them on a plate and let them cool down for some time.
8. In a food processor add figs.
9. Add pitted dates.
10. Grind them for 2-3 minutes till it gets a fine texture.
11. The mixture looks perfect now.
12. Add roasted oats.
13. Add roasted poppy seeds.
14. Add the roasted nuts.
15. Grind them for 3-4 minutes or until it forms a fine texture.
16. The dry fruit ladoo mixture looks perfect now.
17. Remove it on a plate and check if it binds together, if not then add a tablespoon of warm ghee.
18. Take a spoonful of the dry fruit mixture in between your palms and form small ladoo’s
19. The dry fruit ladoo’s look perfect now.
20. Similarly, make all the ladoos.
21. Enjoy your dry fruit laddu recipe!
Hi! Is there an alternative for poppy seeds? It is not available here in Middle East.
You can replace poppy seeds with sesame seeds or any seeds of your choice. It’s a very forgiving recipe, so you can use any nuts or seeds of your choice, just keep the final measurements same. enjoy
Could I skip the oats ?
Yes you can. Add some extra nuts for a perfect texture.