This Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe will give you cake that is very moist, rich and decadent. It’s simple, quick and easy to make, and the best part about this eggless recipe is that it doesn’t require a machine or a hand beater. Just mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and the delicious chocolate cake will be ready in no time. For frosting we are using rich chocolate ganache for that extra chocolaty taste! This is a perfect eggless chocolate cake recipe for beginners.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 1 ½ cups (195g) refined flour/maida
- ¼ cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch-processed)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted melted butter (if using salted butter, then skip the salt in the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips for garnishing (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sprinkles for garnishing (optional)
- ¾ cup (131g) dark chocolate
- ¼ cup (43g) milk chocolate
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy full fat cream
*For the sugar syrup take 3 tablespoon of sugar and around 5 tablespoon of water and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Let it cool down completely before using.
Main Equipments Used
- OTG – I use Bajaj 35-litre oven. You can find it on Amazon, here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OumQ
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F) and grease a 7-inch cake tin with oil and line it with parchment paper. (If you don’t have parchment paper then dust it with cocoa powder or refined flour)
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients like refined flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Now add sugar and mix.
- In another bowl, add all the liquid ingredients like melted butter, warm water, and vanilla essence and pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix till it’s well incorporated. Don’t overmix or the cake might turn hard.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin, and tap to remove any air bubbles. Now place it in middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the eggless chocolate sponge cake from the pan and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.
- In a pan over low flame, heat the heavy cream till it turns warm while stirring continously. Don’t let it boil.
- In another bowl, add roughly chopped chocolate and add the warm cream to it.
- Cover it with a lid for 3-4 minutes, this will soften the chocolate.
- Now gently mix the two till the chocolate melts completely. You can also do it on a double boiler or in a microwave. (In case of microwave, keep removing the chocolate and cream mixture after every 10 seconds from the microwave, mix and repeat till the chocolate melts completely).
- Now let the ganache come down to room temperature and then keep it in the fridge to firm up. You can keep it in the freezer for 10 minutes to fasten the process.
Assembling The Cake
- If the cake top is not flat, then use a serrated knife to slice a thin layer off the top.
- Place the chocolate sponge cake on a cake stand and cut the cake into two layers. Place top layer on a plate and on the bottom layer, brush some sugar syrup.
- Now add a generous amount of chocolate ganache to the bottom layer and spread it evenly with an offset spatula.
- Add the top half of the cake on top of the chocolate ganace layer and once again repeat the above process, this time even covering the sides.
- Now with the help of a spoon, form swirls on the top of the cake.
- Finally top it off with chocolate chips and sprinkles. (optional)
- Rest the cake in the fridge for atleast an hour before slicing it. This will help the flavours to mix and the cake to firm up.
- Store the eggless chocolate cake in the refrigerator for upto 4 days and bring it to room temperature before eating.
- Always preheat the oven for atleast 10 minutes before baking.
- Coffee enhances and deepens the chocolate flavour and gives it a rich dark colour. Please note it will not make your cake taste like coffee.
- For the chocolate ganache, I like the combination of both dark and milk chocolate, but you can use either complete dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
- If the ganache has become very thin, put it in the refrigerator to firm up. And if it has turned very thick, put it in the microwave or double boiler for 5-10 seconds.
- Always brush your cake with sugar syrup before frosting, this will keep your cake moist.
Step By Step In Pictures for Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Grease 7 inch cake tin with oil and line it with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl add warm water.
3. Add instant coffee powder mixed with a tablespoon of hot water.
4. Add vanilla essence.
5. Add vinegar.
6. Add melted butter.
7. Mix everything together.
8. For the dry ingredients, sieve refined flour.
9. Sieve cocoa powder.
10. Sieve baking powder.
11. Sieve baking soda.
12. Sieve salt.
13. Now add castor sugar.
14. Mix everything until well combined.
15. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
16. Gently mix them until everything is well combined. Do not over mix.
17. Now pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
18. Tap to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
19. Remove the eggless chocolate sponge cake from the pan and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.
20. To prepare the chocolate ganache in a pan over low flame add the cream.
21. While stirring continuously, cook it till it becomes warm, do not boil.
22. In another bowl add dark and milk chocolate.
23. Now pour the warm cream on it and cover it with a lid. let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
24. After 3-4 minutes open the lid and mix the chocolate and the cream together. Now let it come down to room temperature and then keep it in the fridge to firm up.
Assembling The Eggless Chocolate Cake
25. Place the chocolate sponge cake on a cake stand. If the cake top is not flat then with the help of a serrated knife slice a thin layer off the top and cut the cake into two layers.
26. Place one layer on a plate and on the other layer on the cake stand.
27. With the help of a brush evenly spread the sugar syrup on the cake.
28.The chocolate ganache has now thickened. Add a generous amount of chocolate ganache on the cake.
29. Spread it evenly with an offset spatula.
30. Now cover it with another cake layer.
31. Evenly brush some sugar syrup on it.
32. Spread the ganache on the top and sides of the cake and smoothen it.
33. Now with the help of a spoon, form swirls on the top of the cake by gently pressing on the ganache with the spoon and rotating the cake stand simultaneously.
34. Your swirls will look something like this.
35. Finally, top it off with chocolate chips and sprinkles. (optional)
36. Allow the cake to rest in the fridge for atleast an hour before slicing it. The eggless chocolate cake can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 4 days, just bring it to room temperature before eating.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe, easy to make
- Eggless Christmas Cake Recipe
- Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe