- 4 tablespoons rice
- 12-14 cashews
- 12-14 almonds
- 8-10 pistachios
- 3 cups milk
- 8-10 saffron strands
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- ½ cup apples
- ½ cup grapes
- ½ cup banana
- ½ cup pomegranate
- ½ cup mango
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Similarly soak all the nuts in water for 30 minutes too. Peal the skin of the almonds before using them.
- In a mixer grinder add the rice, nuts and some water. Grind till it gets a coarse texture.
- In a pan or kadai add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the grounded paste of the rice and nuts and saffron strands. Now while stirring it occasionally cook for 4-5 minutes or until the rice is swollen and cooked.
- Further add sugar. condensed milk, crushed cardamoms, chopped almonds and pistachios and mix well. Cook till the sugar is completely dissolved and the kheer becomes little thick. Do not over cook it, as it will thicken post it cools down.
- Once done let the kheer cool down completely and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the chopped fruits and add the chilled kheer on top and give it a good mix.
- The fruit kheer is ready. Serve immediately. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- You can skip the condensed milk and add sugar instead of it.
- You can use seasonal fruits of your choice.