- 2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1 cup green peas
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor/dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a mixer grinder add tomatoes and green chillies. Blend them to form a smooth puree.
- In a kadai add mustard oil and once it turns hot add salt, cumin seeds and roast them for few seconds.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are perfectly cooked.
- Now add the dry spices like, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder and mix well. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook for a minute till the oil starts to floats on the gravy. This is an indication that the masalas have perfectly cooked.
- Now add chopped carrots, potatoes, peas, salt and mix until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup of water, cover it with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables turn soft. To check if done, insert a fork in the potatoes and it should go in easily.
- Finally add garam masala, amchoor powder, kasuri methi and gently give it a mix.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.
- Do not over cook the vegetables else they will become dry. It should have some liquid moisture in it.
- You can skip ginger garlic paste if you don’t eat it.
- Always add the potatoes, peas and carrots together so they cook uniformly, else the vegetables might turn soggy.