This instant 10 minute garlic pickle goes perfect with curd rice, dal chawal, parathas. Its not just delicious but also helps in digestion and improves your immunity. Do try my Instant Green Chili Pickle recipe too.
- ¾ cup (180ml) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup (200g) garlic cloves pealed
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric/haldi powder
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek powder/methi dana powder
- ½ teaspoon asafetida/hing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon jaggery powder or sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) white vinegar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Berger Stell Frypan: https://amzn.to/2FAiF3Mhttps://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add oil and once it turns hot add mustard seeds and let the sputter.
- Now add chopped garlic and toss for a minute.
- Further add pealed garlic cloves and mix well.
- While stirring it continuously cook for 2 minutes.
- Now switch off or lower the flame and add all the dried spices, red chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, asafetida, fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Now cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Further add jaggery powder and mix well.
- Lastly add white vinegar and cook for another minute. Do not over cook.
- Once done let the garlic pickle cool down completely for 2-3 hours before storing it in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for upto 3 months.
- If you do not seaseme oil then replace it with any flavourless oil like sunflower or canola oil.
- Jaggery can be replaced with sugar.
- Instead of vinegar you can also use tamarind pulp.