- 4 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- ½ teaspoon salt
- water for kneading
- 1 tablespoon oil
The Stuffing- Gobi Masala
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons hara lassan
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain
- salt to taste
- ghee for cooking
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour and salt. Mix well.
- Now gradually add water and knead for 4-5 minutes until it forms into a firm dough. Make sure the dough is not very soft.
- Now add a tablespoon of oil and knead for couple of more minutes.
- Cover it with a plate or a kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator or room temperature.
- Grate the cauliflower with the help of a grater. Make sure there are no large pieces in them else the gobi parathas will break while rolling.
- Now spread the grated cauliflower in a large plate or tray.
- Add grated ginger, finely chopped green chillies, hara lassan and fresh coriander.
- Now let the mixture dry under the fan for around an hour. If you will immediately use the filling in the parathas then they might break while rolling.
- Once done add red chilli powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Now for 1 gobi paratha, take one portion of the filling and add salt in it. Do not add salt in the entire filling else the cauliflower will release water and you wont be able to roll them easily.
To Prepare Gobi Paratha
- To make the gobi parathas take a medium size dough ball and dust it with some flour. With the help of a rolling pin, roll it into a small paratha, add some ghee in the center and spread it evenly.
- Now take the gobi masala filling in which we have added the salt and put it in the center of the paratha we rolled earlier.
- Now fold it as shown in the video and roll it into a thick aloo paratha. Similarly make the rest of the parathas.
- Heat a tawa on medium flame and then transfer the gobi paratha on the tawa. Once you see tiny bubbles on top, flip the paratha and cook it from other side too.
- Add a spoonful of ghee on the paratha and spread it evenly. Gently press with the help of a spatula and cook till it gets a light golden colour on each sides.
- Similarly make the rest of the aloo parathas.
- Serve hot with butter, curd, pickle or a curry of your choice.
- After grating the cauliflower make sure you let it dry under the fan for an hour, else the parathas might break while rolling.
- Let the dough rest for minimum of 2 hours before making the parathas.