- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tbsp sauf/fennel seeds
- 4 cloves
- 10-12 almonds
- 10-12 cashews
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 thin slices of dried coconut
- 500g carrots
- 1 cup rice
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 tbsp ghee/calrified butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Now add fennel seeds and cloves and roast for few seconds.
- Then add almonds, cashews and dried coconut and roast them for 2 minutes or until they get a light golden colour.
- Now add grated carrots and roast them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, while stirring it occasionally.
- Further add soaked rice and gently mix and roast them for a minute.
- Now add water and jaggery powder and mix well. Let it simmer on medium heat until it gets couple of boils.
- Finally add green cardamom and ghee and mix again.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till it gets a whistles.
- Serve hot! Can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- Measure rice, water and jaggery with the same cup.
- After the rice is cooked, let the pressure cooker rest till the steam is released automatically.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Instant gajar ka halwa in pressure cooker
- Palak paneer pulao in pressure cooker
- Kashmiri pulao in pressure cooker