- 2 cups thin poha/flattened rice
- 1 cup makhana fox nut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 20 curry leaves
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon amchoor/dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a heavy bottom pan add poha and dry roast it for 3-4 minutes on medium -low flame till it becomes crunchy. Once done, remove them in a bowl.
- Now add makhanas and roast them for 5-6 minutes or until they turn crunchy. Once done, remove them in a bowl.
- Now add rolled oats and dry roast them for 3-4 minutes till they get a light brown colour. Now remove them in a bowl.
- In the same pan add oil and once it becomes hot add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Roast them for a minute on medium flame.
- Add raw peanuts and roast them for 4-5 minutes till, they are almost 70-80 percent done. They will become slightly dark in colour.
- Now add almonds roast them for 2-3 minutes or till they get a light golden colour.
- Similarly roast the cashews and roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add raisins and roast them for a minute.
- Now add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and roast them for a minute.
- Finally add the roasted poha, makhanas and rolled oats and mix.
- Lastly add the powdered sugar, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, amchoor powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder, salt and mix well. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Let them cool completely before storing it in an airtight container for upto 2 month.
- Do not roast the poha on high flame else it will burn.
- Gently roast the poha else it will break easily.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Can not use instant oats. If you don’t have oats then skip them.