- 2 (500-600g) mangoes
- 1 (200-250g) raw mango
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 4 cups (1litre) cold water
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a kadai or pan add roughly chopped mangoes, raw mangoes and water.
- Cover it with a lid and let it simmer on medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until the mangoes turn soft.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Once done strain the mangoes (do not throw the sugar syrup water) and let them cool down completely. Now grind them in a mixer grinder till it gets a smooth and fine texture.
- In the same sugar syrup add the mango pulp and mix well. Sieve the pulp if there are any fibers or for a silky texture.
- Now add chilled water and let it rest in the refrigerator for couple of hours before serving.
- Serve chilled Mango Frooti.
- You can vary the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- You can also increase the quantity of water from 1ltr to 1.5ltr depending on the desired consistency.