Learn how to make Badam Milk today, the easy way. Badam milk is a thick and creamy milk filled with the goodness of almonds, cashews and pistachios. This badam milk recipe is so simple and easy to make. It’s a perfect drink for cold winters and hot summers. Yes! In winters you can enjoy the hot badam milk, and in summers you can have it cold. We slow cook this milk, which gives it a thick and creamy texture and saffron gives this badam milk a lovely yellow colour. So enjoy this perfect drink on a cold winter morning or a hot summer noon!
How to Make Badam Milk – Recipe Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out all my yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Badam Milk
- ¼ cup (34g) almonds
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 8-10 pistachios
- 8-10 cashews
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 15-20 saffron strands (soaked in 2 tablespoon of warm milk)
Main Equipments Used
- High Power Mixer Grinder – I use Preethi Zodiac (750-watt). You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2DbrsH8
- Heavy bottom pan – I use the Prestige Granite 3-pcs set. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OMu6
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Badam Milk
- Soak almonds overnight or in hot water for 30-60 minutes and then remove the skin.
- In a blender add cashews and pistachios and grind them into a coarse powder and keep it aside. (Don’t make a fine powder)
- In a mixer grinder add almonds and 2-3 tablespoons of milk and make a coarse paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan add milk and let it come to a boil and reduce a little. (around 4-5 minutes)
- Add a tablespoon of warm milk to the saffron and keep it aside till it gets a nice colour.
- Now add the almond paste and cook the milk on medium flame for around 4-5 minutes
- Add saffron milk and mix.
- Add the cashew and pistachios powder and cinnamon powder and let it get 3-4 boils.
- Finally add sugar and mix till it melts completely.
- Pour the almond milk in a glass and garnish with almonds and saffron strands. Serve hot in winters and cold in summers.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Recipe Notes For Badam Milk
- You can use full fat or low fat milk. But preferably full fat milk gives a better taste.
- If you have not soaked almonds overnight then soak them in hot water for 30-60 minutes and then peel the skin and use.
- The coarse powder of cashew and pistachios adds a nice taste to the badam milk. Don’t skip this.
Step By Step In Pictures For Making Badam Milk
- In a blender add cashews.
2. Now add pistachios and grind till it forms into a coarse mixture. Don’t make a fine powder.
3. The mixture looks perfect now.
4. Add the soaked almonds in a blender.
5. Now add some milk and grind till it forms a coarse mixture. (Don’t make it into a fine paste)
6. The almonds look perfect now.
7. In a heavy bottom pan add milk and let it come to a boil and reduce a little.
8. Add a tablespoon of warm milk to the saffron and keep it aside till it gets a nice colour.
9. Add the cashew and pistachios powder.
10. Add cardamom powder and let it get 3-4 boils.
11. Finally add sugar and mix till it melts completely.
12. The badam milk has turned thick and creamy. Ready to be served now.
13. In winters serve hot and in summers serve cold. That’s it! Now you know how to make badam milk at home.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 10 minute Thick & Creamy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Easy Atta Ladoo/ Atte Ki Pinni Recipe
- Quick & Easy Besan Ladoo Recipe