How to make hot chocolate at home that tastes just like the ones you have in cafes? Then you’ve come to the right place. I love it, especially during the winter season when I snuggle in my blanket and enjoy every sip of this thick creamy delicacy. It’s so simple and easy to make, and I am so excited to share this special recipe of mine that is my family’s all time favourite.
I have added a special ingredient that the cafes use to make it thick and creamy. This is a must try recipe especially if you are a chocolate lover.
How to Make Hot Chocolate – Recipe Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out all my yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Hot Chocolate
- ¾ cup (131g) dark chocolate
- 2 cups (480ml) full fat milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- cocoa powder for garnish (optional)
Main Equipments Used
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Hot Chocolate
- In a pan add milk, fresh cream and cinnamon powder and cook till it gets 3-4 boils. (around 4-5 minutes)
- Now add roughly chopped chocolate and corn starch and while stirring it constantly mix till the chocolate melts completely.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now pour the hot chocolate in a glass.
- Top it with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and dust with cocoa powder. (optional) Serve hot.
- Store in the refrigerator for upto 2 days. Heat before serving.
Recipe Notes on How to Make Hot Chocolate
- Fresh cream gives a creamy texture to the hot chocolate.
- Corn starch gives it the cafe-style thickness.
- This hot chocolate recipe doesn’t require sugar as the sweetness from the chocolate is enough.
Step By Step In Pictures For Making Hot Chocolate
- In a pan add milk.
2. Now add cinnamon powder
3. Add fresh cream.
4. Mix everything well and cook till it get 3-4 boils. ( around 4-5 minutes)
5. Add roughly chopped chocolate.
6. Now add corn starch.
7. While stirring it constantly mix till the chocolate melts completely.
8. The cafe style hot chocolate is ready.
9. Pour it in a glass.
10. Top it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. (optional)
11. Finally dust it with some cocoa powder. (optional)
12. Serve hot. That’s it! Now you know how to make hot chocolate that is just like the ones they serve in cafes
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Quick Christmas Fruit Cake with Rum
- Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe