- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peel the carrots and cut them into long or round pieces.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Now add sugar and mix till it dissolves completely. This will add little sweetness to the carrots and also help them retain its red colour.
- Carefully add the carrots to the water and boil them on high heat for exactly 3 minutes. Do not over boil them.
- Once done, with the help of a strainer remove them and immediately transfer them in ice-cold water. This will immediately stop the cooking process of the peas and also help retain its red colour.
- Let them rest in the ice-cold water for 2 minutes and then strain them out. Remove all the excess water.
- Transfer the carrots to a kitchen towel and spread them evenly. Let them dry completely under a fan. It might take 20-30 minutes.
- Once dried transfer them in a zip log bag and fill till 3/4th and seal it tightly. You can alternatively store them in airtight containers too.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Bring water to a boil and only then add the carrots.
- Do not store the carrots when they are still wet, else they might spoil.
- Store the carrots in the freezer where we store the ice and not in the refrigerator.