- 2 kg Peas
- 2 teaspoon sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peal the peas and remove them in a bowl. Make sure there are no spoiled ones in it.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Now add sugar and mix till it dissolves completely. This will add little sweetness to the peas and also help them retain its green colour.
- Carefully add the peas in the water and boil them on high heat for exactly 3 minutes. Do not over boil them.
- Once done, with the help of a strainer remove them and immediately transfer them in ice cold water. This will immediately stop the cooking process of the peas and also help retain its green colour.
- Let the peas rest in the ice cold water for 2 minutes and then strain them out. Remove all the excess water.
- Transfer the peas on a kitchen towel or kitchen tissue paper and spread them evenly.
- Let them dry completely under a fan. It might take 15 minutes.
- Once dried transfer them in a zip log bag and fill till 3/4th and seal it tightly. You can alternatively store them in airtight containers too.
- Store in the freezer for upto 1 year.
- Bring water to a boil and only then add the peas.
- Do not store the peas when they are still wet, else they might spoil.
- Store the peas in the freezer where we store the ice and not in the refrigerator.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Homemade Strawberry Jam recipe
- 100% Natural Tomato Ketchup recipe
- 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter recipe