Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corns
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 10-12 fresh tulsi leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon jaggery powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Crush or grate fresh turmeric and ginger.
- In a pan add water, cloves, black pepper corns, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, tulsi leaves and crushed ginger and turmeric. Now let it simmer on medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- The water will reduce to 2 cups and the colour of the kada will become slightly dark.
- Finally add the jaggery powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot
- Can replace jaggery with honey or sugar.
- If you dont have fresh turmeric then replace it with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder