Instant Jalebi Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
For Sugar Syrup
- 2 cups (400g)
- 1 ½ cup (360ml)
- 20-22 strands saffron (optional)
- 3-4 crushed cardamom
For Jalebi batter
- 1 cup (128g) refined flour/maida
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons curd/dahi
- ¼ teaspoon saffron colour
- Oil for frying
- Water as required
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- For Instant Jalebi recipe, prepare the sugar syrup first. In a pan add sugar and water and cook it on medium flame while stirring it occasionally for 6-7 minutes. The sugar will dissolve and start to boil.
- Add saffron strands, crushed cardamoms and cook till it forms a one string consistency. Which means when you check the consistency of the syrup in between your two fingers, it will form a single string.
- For the jalebi batter, in a bowl add refined flour and curd and mix well.
- Now add little water at a time till it forms into a smooth batter. The batter will have a pouring consistency but it shouldn’t be very thick nor thin.
- Add saffron colour and baking powder and beat the batter for couple of minutes.
- Now take a piping bag and pour the jalebi batter in it and tie the top with a rubber band.
- To fry the jalebis, in a pan add oil/ghee and once it’s medium hot start piping the jalebis in circular form.
- Let them fry for 3-4 minutes or till it’s perfectly cooked from each side and turned crispy.
- Immediately dip the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup and press them with a spoon. Let them soak the sugar syrup for a minute and then remove them in a plate.
- Serve hot!
- The jalebi batter shouldn’t be very thick nor thin, it should have a perfect pouring consistency.
- Make sure the batter is smooth and doesn’t have any lumps else the jalebi’s wont pipe properly.
- The sugar syrup should have one string consistency. If it is very thin then the jalebi’s will become soft, if it is very thick then jalebi’s wont soak the syrup.
- The sugar syrup should be slightly warm when dipping the jalebis. If it’s very hot then the jalebis will become soggy. If it’s cold then the jalebi’s wont soak the syrup.
- Don’t soak the jalebis in the sugar syrup for too long, else they will turn soggy.
Step By Step In Pictures For Instant Jalebi
1. To prepare the sugar syrup, in a pan add sugar.
2. Add water.
3. Cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes while stirring it occasionally.
4. The sugar syrup has been boiling for 6-7 minutes and turned slightly thick. Now add saffron.
5. Add crushed cardamom.
6. The sugar syrup has one string consistency, which means when you hold it in between your fingers, it will form a single string.
7. To prepare the jalebi batter in a bowl add refined flour.
8. Add curd and mix well.
9. Add little water at a time to form a smooth batter.
10. The batter has got a perfect pouring consistency.
11. Add saffron colour and mix till well combined.
12. Further baking powder and beat for couple of minutes.
13. The jalebi batter is ready with a perfect pouring consistency, not very thick nor thin.
14. Pipe the jalebi batter in a cone and tie the top with a rubber band.
15. In a pan add oil and fill it little less than a half and heat it on medium flame.
16. Now make a small cut in the cone and pipe thin jalebis in circular form.
17. Let them fry for 2-3 minutes from both sides till crispy.
18. The jalebis are perfectly fried from both sides.
19. Immediately dip the jalebis in warm sugar syrup.
20. Press them inside the syrup and let them soak in for a minute.
21. Remove the jalebis in a plate.
22. Serve hot! Enjoy.