- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 20-22 saffron strands
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup fresh cream/ malai
- 24 no. rusk/toast
- pistachios for garnishing
- almonds for garnishing
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a sauce pan add sugar, water and saffron strands.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup gets a sticky honey type consistency.
- In a bowl add corn flour and 3-4 tablespoons of milk and mix well. Now keep it aside.
- In a kadai or pan add milk, cardamom powder, sugar and cream. Now let it simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until it gets couple of boils. Keep scraping the sides simultaneously.
- Further add the corn flour slurry in the milk and keep stirring it continuously. The milk will thicken and form a creamy mixture. Cook for 2 minutes and then keep it aside. Do not over cook.
To assemble the Instant Milk Cake
- In a deep serving dish evenly assemble the rusk.
- Now cover it with the hot sugar syrup we prepared earlier. Make sure all the sides of the rusk are soaked in the sugar syrup.
- Now evenly spread a layer of rabdi on it. Repeat the process and make 3 layers.
- Finally garnish it with chopped pistachios and almonds and let it rest in the refrigerator for upto 2 hours. The instant milk cake is ready.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 5 days.
- Make sure the sugar syrup and the rabdi is hot when you spread it on the rusk. This will help the rusk to soak the liquid easily.
- You can use custard instead of corn flour.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.