CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
For Homemade Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- 1 litre milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 litre milk
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 200g fresh paneer/cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon elachai/ cardamom powder
- 5-6 pista/ pistachios roughly chopped
- 5-6 badam/almonds roughly chopped
Main Equipments Used
- Heavy bottom pan – I use the Prestige Granite 3-pcs set. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OMu6
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
Homemade Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- In a pan boil milk.
- Now let it cools down for 2 minutes and then add lemon juice and stir it for a minute. The milk will begin to curdle.
- Sieve it and then drain it under fresh water to remove the lemon juice.
- Paneer is ready. Keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, boil the milk and reduce it to half while continuously stirring it for about 15 minutes.
- Add the paneer to it and cook for 10 minutes or till the milk is completely absorbed and the mixture becomes thick.
- Now add the sugar and on medium flame keep stirring for another 5 minutes or till the sugar melts and the mixture turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- In a greased pan pour the kalakand and level it up into a 1 inch thick block.
- Now garnish with pistachio’s and almonds and with the back of a spoon or spatula gently press them so the nuts gets stuck to the kalakand.
- Let it set for atleast 3 hours before cutting them.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for upto a week.
Recipe Notes For Kalakand
- 1 litre milk will give around 200g paneer/cottage cheese)
- You can also use 200g of store bought paneer.
- Before adding the sugar make sure the milk is completely absorbed by the paneer.
Steps By Step In Pictures For Kalakand
- In a pan add milk.
2. Bring it to a boil.
3. Now let it cools down for 2 minutes and then add lemon juice and stir it for a minute.
4. Keep stirring it continuously and after 3-4 minutes, the milk will completely curdle.
5. Sieve it and remove all the excess water.
7. Now drain the paneer under fresh water to remove the lemon juice. Its ready.
8. Now take another heavy bottom pan and boil the milk.
9. Reduce it to half while continuously stirring it for about 15 minutes.
10. Now add paneer to it.
11. Cook till the milk is completely absorbed by the paneer and the mixture becomes thick.
12. Our mixture has become thick.
13. Now add the sugar.
14. On medium flame keep stirring for another 5 minutes or till the sugar melts and the mixture turns thick.
15. Now add cardamom powder and mix.
16. Our kalakand is ready to be set now.
17. In a greased tin or plate pour the kalakand.
18. With a spatula set it properly into a 1 inch block.
19. Garnish with pistachio’s and almonds and press them with a spatula for them to firm up.
20. Rest the kalakand for atleast 3-4 hours before cutting them.
21. Cut the kalakand into desired shape.
22. Ready to be served. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for upto a week.