- 2 raw mangoes
- 2 tablespoons kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Chop the raw mangoes into small pieces.
- Now transfer them in a bowl and add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a pan add oil and once it heats add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dried red chilli and asafoetida. Toss for few seconds.
- Add the chopped raw mangoes in it and cook for 2 minutes. Do not over cook else the mangoes will turn soft.
- Once done let it cool down completely and store in a clean, airtight glass bottle and store in the refrigerator for upto 1 week.
- This instant mango pickle is made in small batches as it has a small shelf life.
- You can adjust the spices and oil as per your taste also. If you like extra spicy pickle then increase the quantity of the red chilli powder.