Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 tablespoons Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kalimirch/Black Peppercorn
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 medium Carrot
- ½ cup Beans
- ½ cup Peas
- 1 medium Capsicum
- 1 small Yellow Bell Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Jeera/Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup Moong Dal
- ¼ cup Daliya (Fine)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon heeng
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 dry red chilli
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it turns hot add cumin and pepper corns and saute them for few seconds or until it turns aromatic
- Then add chopped onions and cook them on medium flame till it gets a light golden colour.
- Further add tomatoes and cook them till they become soft.
- Now add the rest of the vegetables like carrots, peas, beans, capsicum and yellow bell pepper. Now sauté them for couple of minutes.
- Further add all the dried spices, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Add little water if the spices are sticking to the bottom.
- Now add soaked moong dal, daliya, water and mix well. Close the lid and cook till 2 whistles.
- For the tadka in a pan add ghee and once it turns hot add cumin seeds, heeng, dry red chilli and saute them for 30 seconds. Now add chilli powder and mix. Pour the tadka on the kichdi.
- Serve hot with papad, pickle or yoghurt.
- You can replace daliya with rice.
- Use any vegetable of your choice.
- The ratio of water can be increased depending on the consistency you want for your kichdi.