To Boil Pasta
- 2 cups (200g) dry pasta
- 4 cups water (to boil pasta)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup capsicum
- ¼ cup red bell peppers
- ¼ cup yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons green chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons red chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
To Boil Pasta
- In a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add salt and olive oil. Further, add the penne pasta and boil it on a medium flame for 8-9 minutes or until soft.
- To check if the pasta is perfectly cooked, cut it with a knife and it will easily cut.
- Take a sieve/colander and rinse the excess water and keep it aside.
- In a kadai heat oil and then add onions. Now sauté them for 3-4 minutes until they turn light golden in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Now add finely chopped red tomatoes and salt. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and perfectly cooked.
- Further add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder and turmeric powder.
- Add some water if needed and cook the masalas for another couple of minutes.
- Now add corn along with some water and cook for few minutes until the corn becomes soft.
- Now add chopped capsicum, coloured bell peppers and mix well.
- Add red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and ¼ cup cup water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the boiled pasta and mix till it is perfectly coated with all the masalas. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for couple of minutes.
- Lastly add the grated cheese, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You need red, juicy tomatoes for this recipe.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.