Did you know you can make crunchy masala peanuts at home very easily. Once you try this recipe you will never buy it from outside.
- 1 cup (150g) raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1¼ baking soda (optional)
- ½ cup gram flour/besan
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mango powder/amchoor
- oil for frying
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a bowl add raw peanuts and 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Now add all the dried spices, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and mix until well combined.
- Further add the gram flour and rice flour and mix well.
- Now add 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix till the peanuts are well coated with the mixture. They will form into small lumps.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of rice flour and with the help of and spoon mix well. Once you keep mixing gradually the peanuts will start to separate from each other.
- In a pan add oil and bring it to medium hot, now add the peanuts and fry them on medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until it turns crisp.
- Remove it on a tissue paper, so it absorbs all the excess oil.
- Now add amchoor powder on the peanuts and mix well. The crunchy masala peanuts are ready.
- an be stored for upto a month.
- Do not add extra water while coating the peanuts with the gram flour, else it will not coat properly.
- Make sure all the peanuts are separated and not formed into lumps before frying, else they wont fry properly and will not turn crispy.
- Rice flour adds a crispy texture to these masala peanuts, but if you don’t have it then you can skip it.
- Do not fry the peanuts on high flame else they will turn crispy from out but will still remain uncooked from the inside.