- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- a pinch asafetida
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 10-12 curry eaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 boiled potatoes mashed
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon amchoor powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 9 bread slices
- 3-4 tablespoons green chutney
- 3-4 tablespoon schezwan chutney
- 3 cheese slices
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- sandwich masala to sprinkle
- butter for cooking
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a pan. Now add mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté for few seconds.
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 10-15 seconds.
- Further add boiled and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Now add all the dried spices; turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder, garam masala and mix till everything is well combined.
- Add salt and fresh coriander and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Make sure the masala is not very dry. Add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Once done let it cool down for few minutes.
- Take 3 slices of bread. On one slice add green chutney and schezwan chutney on the other slice.
- Now take the masala filling and evenly spread it on one slice of bread.
- Top it with a cheese slice or grated cheese.
- Place the second slice on the first slice and evenly spread sliced cucumber and tomatoes on it.
- Now sprinkle some sandwich masala.
- On the third slice evenly spread the butter and cover the sandwich with it.
- Heat the tawa and add butter. Now carefully place the sandwich on it. Make sure you press the sandwich well, to avoid the filling from coming out.
- Toast the sandwich from each sides for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown colour.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
- Make sure the aloo masala doesn’t have large lumps, else you wont be able to evenly spread the vegetables on top.
- Make sure the vegetables are thinly sliced, else they will fall out while flipping the sandwich while cooking.
- You can replace the chutney with ketchup if you are making it for the kids.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Cheese Chutney Street Style Sandwich
- 5 Minute Onion & Tomato Sandwich
- 2 Healthy High Protein Sandwiches