Milk Peda Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 4 cups (1 litre) milk
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Milk Peda
- In a heavy bottom or nonstick pan add milk and bring it to a boil while stirring it occasionally.
- Keep scraping the sides and remove the cream/malai.
- Cook on medium flame till the milk reduces to 1/4, it will get a thick rabri like texture.
- Now add sugar and while stirring it continuously cook on low flame till the milk peda mixture thickens and is ready to form peda’s. Add a teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Once done, let the milk peda mixture cool down for 25-30 minutes.
- Apply some ghee on your palms and take some milk peda mixture and form peda’s.
- With a finger make an impression in the centre of the peda.
- Let them cool down completely in open for couple of hours before storing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- Can use low fat or full fat milk
- Always cook on low flame after the milk has turned thick, else it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- If the peda mixture has turned thick and you are unable to form peda’s then microwave them for 10 seconds and once the mixture softens shape the milk peda’s.
Step By Step In Pictures For Milk Peda
1. In a heavy bottom or a nonstick pan add milk and bring it to a boil while stirring it occasionally.
2. Once the milk has started to boil, keep scraping the sides and remove the cream/malai.
3. The milk has started to change it’s colour and turn thick.
4. Once the milk has thicken, bring the flame to low and keep stirring continuously.
5. Add sugar and mix well.
6. The sugar has started to release it’s water.
7. Add a teaspoon of ghee and keep stirring it on low flame till the mixture becomes thick.
8. The peda mixture looks ready now. Remove it in a bowl and let it cool down for 25-30 minutes.
9. Apply some ghee on your palms and make a round ball. Now gently press it in between your palms.
10. The peda looks perfect now.
11. With a finger make a small impression in the centre of the peda.
12. Similarly make all the peda’s and let them cool down on a plate for couple of hours before storing them in an airtight container.