Milk Powder Burfi Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 cups (250g) milk powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) ghee/clarified butter
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (40g) sugar
- 5-6 almonds (roughly chopped)
- 5-6 pistachios (roughly chopped)
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Grease the tray in which you will set the milk powder barfi with ghee and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium flame add ghee. Once it melts completely, add room temperature milk and let it cook for couple of minutes.
- While stirring continuously, add milk powder in 3 batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and the mixture will begin to thicken.
- Now add sieved powdered sugar and mix till well combined.
- At this point, don’t increase the flame and keep stirring continuously, else it might stick to the pan.
- After sometime the mixture will begin to thicken and will separate from the pan. once it forms into a ball like structure, switch off the flame.
- Pour the milk powder burfi mixture in the greased tray and evenly spread it with the help of a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios and gently press them inside with a spatula.
- Let it set for an hour before cutting them into square shapes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days. Enjoy!
- While making the instant milk powder burfi make sure the flame is not very high as this mixture might stick to the pan.
- Cook the barfi mixture till it forms into a ball like structure, else it wont set properly and will become sticky.
- Always sieve the powdered sugar to avoid lumps and to get a smooth texture.
Step By Step In Pictures For Instant Milk Powder Burfi
1. Grease the tray with ghee in which you will set the barfi.
2. In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat add ghee.
3. Once the ghee melts completely add room temperature milk in it.
4. Cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add milk powder in 3 batches to avoid any lump formation.
6. Break the lumps with a spatula if any.
7. The mixture will slightly thicken.
8. Add sieved powdered sugar.
9. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
10. It will form into a ball type consistency. Now switch off the flame.
11. Transfer the mixture on the greased tray.
12. Even the top with the help of a spatula.
13. Garnish with some roughly chopped almonds and pistachios.
14. Press the nuts inside, with the help of a spatula. Now let it set for an hour or until firm.
15. Cut the instant milk powder burfi into square shape.
16. Store in an airtight container for upto 10 days.
Thankyou Aarti, for your lovely barfi recipe and graphically explained method, very clear and concise (like your polite voice, too!)
I’ve tried a few barfi recipes, but yours is my favourite. Cheers.
Thank you so much for your kind words, happy to know you loved the recipe. Stay connected.
We tried this burfi, came out good.Thankyou for the recipe..:)
Hi Mrs Manju,
Really happy to know you tried the recipe and liked it. Do tag me on Instagram with #AartiMadan or at @AartiMadan would love to see them.
What to do in case i used skimmed milk powder and that it became all lumpy.how to rectify it
Add some milk and ghee and mix well till it becomes smooth again.
Happy Diwali n New Year.
I tried this recipe twice. Had same problem both times. As soon as I added Milk powder in batches it got lumpy…still kept stirring..added sugar…still did not form a ball like video
Had to use bench scraper to smooth the texture..n added to greased tray…