Milk Powder Burfi Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 cups (250g) milk powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) ghee/clarified butter
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (40g) sugar
- 5-6 almonds (roughly chopped)
- 5-6 pistachios (roughly chopped)
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Grease the tray in which you will set the milk powder barfi with ghee and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium flame add ghee. Once it melts completely, add room temperature milk and let it cook for couple of minutes.
- While stirring continuously, add milk powder in 3 batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and the mixture will begin to thicken.
- Now add sieved powdered sugar and mix till well combined.
- At this point, don’t increase the flame and keep stirring continuously, else it might stick to the pan.
- After sometime the mixture will begin to thicken and will separate from the pan. once it forms into a ball like structure, switch off the flame.
- Pour the milk powder burfi mixture in the greased tray and evenly spread it with the help of a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Ganrish with some chopped almonds and pistachios and gently press them inside with a spatula.
- Let it set for an hour before cutting them into square shapes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days. Enjoy!
- While making the instant milk powder burfi make sure the flame is not very high as this mixture might stick to the pan.
- Cook the barfi mixture till it forms into a ball like structure, else it wont set properly and will become sticky.
- Always sieve the powdered sugar to avoid lumps and to get a smooth texture.
Step By Step In Pictures For Instant Milk Powder Burfi
1. Grease the tray with ghee in which you will set the barfi.
2. In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat add ghee.
3. Once the ghee melts completely add room temperature milk in it.
4. Cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add milk powder in 3 batches to avoid any lump formation.
6. Break the lumps with a spatula if any.
7. The mixture will slightly thicken.
8. Add sieved powdered sugar.
9. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
10. It will form into a ball type consistency. Now switch off the flame.
11. Transfer the mixture on the greased tray.
12. Even the top with the help of a spatula.
13. Garnish with some roughly chopped almonds and pistachios.
14. Press the nuts inside, with the help of a spatula. Now let it set for an hour or until firm.
15. Cut the instant milk powder burfi into square shape.
16. Store in an airtight container for upto 10 days.