Mishti Doi Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 4 cups (1litre) milk
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- ½ cup (120g) curd
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Clay Bowls for serving: https://amzn.to/2nvY8o5
Steps In Making
- To prepare hung curd put the curd in a sieve or a muslin cloth and let it rest for 30 miutes till all the excess water is drained out.
- In a pan over medium flame add 3/4 sugar and while stirring it contonunsly cook till the sugar starts to melt.
- After few minutes the sugar will start to change it’s colour. Keep stirring till it gets a nice golden caramel colour.
- Now while stirring it continously add some milk in it and mix well.
- Further add the rest of the milk and keep stirring till everything is well combined.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes, the milk will begin to thicken and change it’s colour to light brown.
- Add the rest of the sugar and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Now let the milk cool down for 10 minutes, till it becomes luke warm.
- In a large bowl add hung curd and beat till it becomes smooth.
- Further add the prepared milk in it and mix till everything is well combined and no lumps are there.
- Pour the mishti doi mixture in the earthern clay pots, cover it with a foil or plate.
- Let it rest for 8-10 hours or overnight. The mishti doi will become thick and creamy.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Can be stored for upto 4 days in the refrigerator.
- While caramilising sugar make sure the flame is not very high else it might burn.
- If there are any crystals formed while adding milk in the caramilised sugar then keep stirring it continously for sometime and they will dissolve.
- Mishti doi is served in eartnern clay pots because they absorb excess moisture which results in a thick and creamy misthi doi.
Step By Step In Pictures For Mishti Doi Recipe
1. To prepare hung curd, put curd in a sieve or muslin cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. The excess water will drain out.
2. In a pan over medium flame add 3/4 sugar and let it caramilise.
3. The sugar will start to melt.
4. Keep stirring it continously so it doesnt burn.
5. The sugar has melted completely and has started to change it’s colour.
6. Keep stirring till you get a nice golden colour.
7. While stirring it continously, keep adding the milk.
8. If there are any sugar crystals then keep stirring it, till they dissolve completely.
9. Boil for 7-8 minutes till the milk becomes slightly thick.
10. Add the rest of the sugar and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
11. Let it cool for around 10 minutes, till it becomes slightly luke warm.
12. In a large bowl add hung curd.
13. Beat untill smooth.
14. Pour the milk we prepared earlier into the curd.
15. Mix well till everything is well combined.
16. Put the misthi doi mixture in the clay pots.
17. Cover it with a foil.
18. Keep it at a warm place for 8-10 hours or overnight.
19. Refrigerate Mishti Doi for couple of hours before serving.