- 1 liter milk
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 muskmelon medium size
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sabja/sweet basil
- 1 cup water to soak sabja
- ½ cup fine sabudana/sago
- 5 cups water to boil sabudana/sago
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 tablespoons almonds
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Induction Cooktop: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Stainless Steel Pan: https://amzn.to/416E7Su
- High Power Mixer Grinder: https://amzn.to/439wY5O
Steps In Making
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- To prepare the custard, in a small bowl add two tablespoons of custard powder and milk. Mix till there are no lumps and its smooth.
- Now add the custard mixture in the boiling milk and keep stirring it continuously. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Further add sugar and cardamom powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The consistency will not be very thick.
- Transfer the custard milk in a large bowl and let it cool down completely. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes to avoid any cream formation on the top.
- Now take a muskmelon and cut it into two. Chop small pieces of one half and roughly chop the other half.
- To make the muskmelon puree, in a mixer grinder add the roughly chopped muskmelon along with sugar and grind until its smooth.
- Now to soak the sabja in a bowl add the sabja and water and let it rest for 10 minutes. It will swell up and double in size.
- To boil the sabudana, in a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add the sabudana and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the sabudana turns translucent. Once done sieve the sabudana and drain the excess water. Now pour fresh water on it to remove the starch. Once done keep the boiled sabudana aside.
- To assemble the drink, in the custard milk add the soaked sabja, cooked sabudana, chopped muskmelon, muskmelon puree, almonds and pistachios. Mix until well combined.
- The muskmelon drink is ready. Serve chilled.
- Do not make the custard milk very thick.
- While making the custard mixture, always add cold or room temperate milk. If you will add hot milk then it will form lumps.
- You can add bananas or apples while assembling the drink.