Namak Pare Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 cups (250g) refined flour/maida
- ¾ cup (80ml) water
- 5 tablespoon oil for dough
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds/ ajwain
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for frying
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Namak Pare recipe
- In a large bowl add refined flour, black pepper, ajwain, salt and mix well. Now add oil and rub all the ingredients together till it forms a sand like texture. When you will hold it in between your palms, it will form into a ball.
- To knead the dough add little water at a time and knead for 5-6 minutes. Please note the dough should not be too soft nor hard. Once the dough is ready, add a tablespoon of oil and knead again for a minute. Now let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and make peda’s/ball.
- Apply some oil on a chakla/flat surface and rolling pin. Now roll the pedas with a rolling pin into a thin chaptai. Further cut them into diamond shapes. (as shown in the video and step by step pictures) Similarly shape the rest of the namak pare.
- In a pan over medium flame add oil and bring it to medium flame. Now add a few namak pare at a time and fry them on low-medium flame for 7-8 minutes or until crisp and golden in colour.
- Cool them completely before storing. Can be stored for 2-3 months.
- While kneading the dough for the namakpara, make sure it’s not very soft, else the namakpara’s will not become crunchy or khasta.
- While shaping and cutting the namakpara’s if they stick to each other it’s perfect because when we will put them in the oil, they will separate from each other.
- Always fry the namakpara on low-medium flame, else they will remain uncooked from the inside.
- Cool them completely before storing, else they will turn soft.
Step By Step In Pictures For Namakpara
1. In a large bowl add refined flour.
2. Now add black pepper powder.
3. Add ajwain.
4. Further add salt and mix well.
5. Add oil and rub all of them together.
6. Forms into a ball like structure.
7. Add little water at a time to knead the dough. Please note the dough should not be too soft nor too hard.
8. The dough is almost ready.
9. Add a tablespoon of oil for a smooth texture and knead for a minute.
10. Now let the namakpara’s dough rest for 30 minutes.
11. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
12. Make a round ball/peda.
13. With a rolling pin make a thin chaptai.
14. It should not be very thick, else the namakpara’s will become hard.
15. Cut them into diamond shape.
16. Similarly make all the namakpara’s.
17. In a pan over medium flame add oil and bring it to medium hot. Now add the namakparas in it.
18. Fry the namak pare on low-medium flame for 7-8 minutes or until they are cooked and get a golden colour.
19. The namak pare are perfectly fried now. Use a wire strainer to remove the namak pare and transfer them on a plate.
20. Let the namak pare cool down completely before storing them.
21. Serve the namakpara’s with a hot cup of chai or enjoy them as a snack.